The Field to Fork (F2F) intern will help NFI maintain the F2F website as a user-friendly collaborative space for information on various aspects of community gardening, food preparation, and nutritional outreach in the DC area. The F2F intern will also continue developing relationships with existing non-profit and community organizations to help maintain the DC Field to Fork Network. The work performed should encompass approximately 10 hours per week. Internship is unpaid; college credit can be obtained given successful completion.
The F2F intern will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the F2F blog – working toward a more user-friendly, educational source for production, distribution, preparation and events of food in the DC area. See the current website here: www.fieldtoforknetwork.org
- Writing Monthly F2F Newsletter – preparing, editing and sending the monthly newsletter concerning events, news, and updated from all F2F partner organizations (reaches over 1,500 readers)
- Increasing Web Presence – activities may include writing blog posts, taking and uploading photos, finding links to other blog articles and news relating to partnering organizations, etc.
- Collaborative Meetings with Partners – along with Program Director, to discuss the future of F2F and collaborative efforts.
- Interest in local food issues
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Professional manner in approaching potential partnering organizations and agencies
- Flexible working style – ability to work independently and collaborate effectively
- Ability to multi-task several projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with internet research
- Experience maintaining a Blog or willingness to learn
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, basic database management skills a plus
- Experience with website management or html code is a plus
- Working knowledge of basic internet social networking tools is a plus
- Please send a cover letter and resume (ATT: Kristin Georger) highlighting your relevant experience to: email@example.com
- Please enter the following on the subject line: Field to Fork Internship